Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lola

I would like to introduce you all to Lola! She's the cute little German Shepherd pup I picked up yesterday from a Senor in Marcala for a very good price ($53 USD!) I had been going back and forth when I found out about the puppies. But after two weeks I was still thinking about them, so I figured I had to do it! I wasn't planning on getting a larger dog here, but I have the space both inside and out and I do really like the breed. Then when I found out the price I got really excited. I had told my friend Amira that I would only get one if he had a female left and she was black. Well, I went to check them out on Monday while passing through town. He had 4 females and all 9 puppies were mostly black!

So far Lola's been pretty laid back. Lots of sleeping still...she's just a few days under 2 months. Like all new puppies in a new house, I've been cleaning up some messes, but she's learning pretty quickly. And luckily she didn't cry much last night when I shut her out of the bedroom. She has quite a bark for being young...Deyvis walked up the house last night making noises which made her go off...then hide under the coffee table when he came in! She had been around him earlier, but didn't quite know what to do this time.

I think she'll be quite happy here...lots of doggie friends around and tons of space to run. So here's Lola...her first day in Florida!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lola is so cute! =] Is that a pair of socks? All the best in Honduras!
Paula

Hannah said...

She's cute!!! Are you going to bring her back with you when you return? My other friend that was in PC in Nicaragua brought back a puppy too. Weird.