Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Live Where the Mountains Touch the Clouds

Well, its been a month and a lot has been going on. Since I last updated we finished Field Based Training in Talanga and I returned to Las CaƱadas for the final two weeks. And an interesting two weeks it was. It started with leaving for a site visit to my new home for 3 days (which I am at now), followed by wrapping up spanish classes and training. I got bit by my family's dog my last week of training...and a nice bruise to show for it. It was quite sore...and still is around the puncture wound...and its been 10 days. But classes finally finished...thank god! They published an article about our swearing in ceremony: ARTICLE. The only thing is that they said we were in training for 11 months instead of weeks! The first pic is of our Youth Development group...the second is the 2 of the 3 teachers I spent most of my time with. These were the two who were with me during the 5+ weeks of Field Based Training so we were able to get pretty close.

So now I'm in my site and its kinda slow this week. I haven't yet been able to meet with all my counterparts to figure out a schedule. The high school is on strike...and soon a lot of people will be away because the coffee harvest is about to start. So I've just been hanging out at the library...here's the website which has some cool pictures of my town! Its hard to get settled in and find my place. I definitely need to find a few friends or else I'm going to get really depressed really fast! I love my site though...its very cute and quaint. And like my subject says, I'm tucked away up in the mountains and its absolutely amazing!

But enough about that...I don't really have anything thoughtful or inspiring to say....just wanted to show off my killer bruise ;o)

More updates to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lenore, I am so proud of you out there! I am glad to see you are having some adventures. I got bit by a dog too when I was in Ukraine!